Designing your own garden can be difficult, especially if you don’t have any prior landscaping experience. However, there’s no reason to stress, because there’s a huge range of information available across the internet.
In this article, we’ve trawled the web to put together a list of tips for those putting together their own landscape design. Pay special attention to these, and make sure that you either do your own research or speak with a local landscape design specialist before getting started.
- Determine the Main Goals of Your Garden
The first thing you should do is determine the main goals of your garden, exactly what sort of features you’re planning to include and what functional elements it needs. Once you’ve done this, the rest of the landscape design process will be easy.
Here are a few examples of questions you should ask yourself when you’re figuring out what you want to use your garden for:
- Do you like gardening and do you want to include a vegetable garden?
- Is outdoor entertaining something that’s important for you?
- Do you have children or pets who will use your outdoor spaces?
- What sort of climate do you live in?
Once you’ve identified the main goals for your garden, you can start designing in more detail.